Terms and Conditions
The following sets out some key terms and conditions that apply to the application process and taking part in production of the Programme. Further or amended terms and conditions and/or other rules and guidelines may apply to the Programme and these will notified to you as necessary at our discretion.
- You as primary applicant must be over the age of 18 years old, and you and your family must be available during the month of August 2017 for filming of the Programme.
- As part of the application process each adult taking part will be required to enter into an agreement with us agreeing to their participation in the Programme and granting us the necessary permissions to film them during the challenge. You will need to have parental responsibility for the children in your family who may be taking part and be able to enter into an agreement for them on their behalf.
- Neither you, nor any member of your family are:
a. currently employed by Folk Films or the BBC nor have been previously employed or engaged by Folk Films or the BBC;
b. connected with, nor have any links to, anyone working on the Programme, and you will make us aware if this changes at anytime;
c. a spouse/live-in partner or immediate relative (i.e. mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister) of an employee of Folk Films or the BBC; nor
d. sufficiently connected with the Programme so that your participation in the Programme could create the perception of impropriety (unless otherwise approved by us).
- You must be a permanent legal resident of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- You confirm that you do not have any unspent criminal convictions nor are you aware of any current criminal investigations against any of the members of your family that you are proposing to take part in the Programme. You agree to inform us of any criminal proceedings brought against you during the application process or production of the Programme (if selected to take part).
- You will need to provide us with information about yourselves during the application process and, if selected, during the production of the Programme. Any information you provide to us must be honest, truthful, correct and up to date, and if any information changes during the application process or (if selected) production of the Programme then you will need to inform us immediately.
- We may need to carry out background and health checks on you for the Programme, including but not limited to DBS checks and medical (physical and mental health) checks.
- Any information and data (including personal and sensitive personal data) which is provided by you to us will be held and used by us and the Broadcaster in connection with the administration and/or production of the Programme.
- You are agreeing and consenting to Folk Films holding and processing personal and sensitive personal data relating to you in any form, whether electronically or otherwise, provided that Folk Films complies at all times with data protection law and BBC Guidelines.
- You agree to keep confidential and not disclose to any third party (including by means of any social media) any confidential information or any material relating to us or the Programme which you become aware of as result of your application to participate in the Programme, unless such information is already known to the general public otherwise than through you. You acknowledge that this obligation of confidentiality will continue to be in place whether or not you are selected to take part in the Programme.
- Whilst we will endeavour to respond to all interested parties, we cannot guarantee that you will be contacted about taking part in the Programme. Decisions about who is selected to take part in the Programme are at Folk Films and the BBC’s sole discretion. Folk Films gives no guarantee that the Programme will be produced or transmitted.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms.